Friday, October 14, 2005

To change, or not to change

Mood: Kinda Angry
Music: Follow Through - Gavin DeGraw

Somebody recently said to me, "You need to change your character, you've been really annoying lately." Now maybe I'm reading into this too much, but isn't your character the basis of who you are as a person? I've gotta say, I was really upset after hearing this, as the person who said is someone who's opinion I take to heart. So it made me think. Should you change yourself to fit in?

This particular question is one which has been lingering in my mind for a while now. Recent events in my life has made me question whether one should compromise who they are for who everyone else thinks they should be. Peer pressure is tough, I'll admit that. It's hard to stay strong when you have everyone ganging up on you. Also, it's tough to juggle family and friends. How do you keep yourself from arguments, AND maintain a successful social life. Personally, I love going out and hanging out with friends, but my parents just don't understand that. It doesn't help that my brother's social life isn't all that active.

So do you change yourself to fit in? No, I don't think so. It's always been my belief that if you need to change yourself in order to fit in or impress someone, they're not worth it. If people don't agree with me, fine. I really don't care. I think being true to yourself is one of the most important things in life. Never ever compromise your individuality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home