Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Collide

So right now my music tastes are very soundtrack orientated. Particularly towards the sounds of One Tree Hill, Laguna Beach and Grey's Anatomy. So anyway, I've decided to put up an ultimate-right-now-must-have-Chars-is-bored soundtrack. I would put these up for upload somewhere...but I'm too lazy. Maybe later.

1. Collide - Howie Day - Gorgeous song, heard on OTH, will put up lyrics later. It's ballad-y and Lifehouse-esque. Great song.

2. The City - Joe Purdy - Heard on GA, another ballad-y song. I actually have no idea what it's about now that I think about it, but it's fantastic. Has a similar sound to Damien Rice. Soothing. Suitcase is also worth a listen.

3. Best I Ever Had - Vertical Horizon - Another great song. It's bittersweet. Vertical Horizon is a great band, their sound is along the lines of 3 Doors Down and Nickelback (whose song Photograph is a favourite!)

4. Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt - Okay, so I'll admit I was definitely hesitant when buying Back To Bedlam, after all, it was the number one album on the charts, and no one with a more alternative sound EVER makes it to number one. But this cd is a different story. Maybe the Australian public is finally getting music taste? Goodbye My Lover is definitely my favourite track, it's a great song.

5a. Canonball - Damien Rice - This song is gorgeous. The chorus is definitely the best part of the song. In typical the music is simple, but Rice's voice comes across clearly.

5b. Volcano - Damien Rice - I wanted to limit it to one song per artist, but Volcano is just too good. It's sexy, definitely. The best way to define it. The strings add a seductiveness to the song and the crescendoes are amazing.

6. Trouble Sleeping - The Perishers - Ahh, my favourite Swedish band. Well actually my favourite band of any nationality. Their sound is mellow and the whole album, Let There Be Morning is great to chill out to. Trouble Sleeping is the best song on the album.

7. You - Switchfoot - This song is beautiful in its simplicity. The best song from one of my favourite bands.

8. The World You Love - Jimmy Eat World - I love this song! Its emo and fantastic. The lyrics of this song are beautiful and it got me through many train trips in Japan.

9. Everything - Lifehouse - It's slow, simple and beautiful. Lifehouse is a fantastic band. You And Me is also fantastic.

10. Goodbye To You - Michelle Branch - It was a close call between this song and Breathe, but this one out. Simple and sad, seems to be a formula I enjoy, doesn't it? Michelle Branch is definitely one of my favourite singers, she's got a stellar voice.

11. On The Way Down (Acoustic) - Ryan Cabrera - The acoustic version definitely wins out over the normal version. Cabera's girlfriend, Ashlee Simpson, almost made the cut with the song, Love Makes The World Go Round. Maybe it still will make the cut...

12. Taken - Plumb - A beautiful song from a little known Christian band. Beautiful images are painted with the lyrics, and the lead singer has a great voice.

13. Fix You - Coldplay - Gorgeous song with a gorgeous theme from a gorgeous band. Enough said.

14. Eve, The Apple Of My Eye - Bell X1 - Another little known band. This song was one I got from the OC mix 4. Ahh the OC, fantastic source of great music. They have a Coldplay-esque sound.

15. I'll Be - Edwin McCain - Sadly, I heard this song in Cinderella Story, that Hilary Duff movie. It's a great song though. Another great song from Cinderella Story that almost made the cut was a song from Miss Duff herself, Anywhere But Here.

16. Belief - Gavin DeGraw - Beautiful song with great lyrics from a singer who is definitely not appreciated enough here in Australia. I Don't Wanna Be, the OTH theme song is another fave. "Tonight, you arrested my mind, when you came to my defence, with a knife in the shape of your mouth, with the strength of your body, with the wrath of a God..."

17. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
- Beautiful song from the original American Idol winner. Going to her concer in less then a month, so yay!

18. Wonderwall - Ryan Adams - The Oasis original is fantastic, but so overdone. Ryan Adams puts a great new spin on the old classic.

19. Closer To Myself - Kendall Payne - Heard on too many soundtracks to count, something about this song is so catchy and, well, pretty.

20. My Immortal - Evanescence - My obsessesion from like 2 years ago, this song is classic. Haunting and beautiful.

So that's it, my top 20 songs. Close runner-ups were Mr Brightside - The Killers, King Of Yesterday - Jude, Dakota - Stereophonics, Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer and finally Save Yourself - Sensefield. If I had more time, and well energy I would probably make this a top 25 list, but, well, I can't. So screw it, :D. I've spent like an hour working on this, which is funny.

Ciao senoritas!
Luv Chars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home