Friday, April 29, 2005

Pain, Ice and Yoko Yoko

Mood: Disgruntled, stressed and wallowing
Music: Volcano - Damien Rice

So today was a rather eventful day. It didn't start that way, but it is now. This morning, I was woken up BEFORE 11!!! I KNOW!!! SHOCK HORROR!!!! There shall be protests up and down North Tce and King William Road all day today. So I was woken up to make a trip down to the market, where I was absolutely stoked to find a rare CD that I've been searching for a year for. Been listening to a bit of it and I've definitely gotta reccoment Fun Never Ends and Love Song by Sense Field. Fantastic stuff. Following that was a trip down to the mall. The mission: To find sports shoes. The reason: I somehow got holes in mine and let me tell you, triple jump with holes in your shoes is not funny. Upside, you can have a beach party anywhere! I did find them, on sale half price. So happy.

After that I went down to King William Road on the hunt for the perfect formal dress. Almost found it, except the neckline just didn't suit me Oh well. The hunt continues. After that I got home, played with budgies (one got concussed....he ran into several windows) and then had dinner. At dinner it was revealed that....dun dun dun....BLOOD TEST TOMORROW!!!! AHHHHHH!!! See this is just my place to vent. Now to some of you (Like my insane friend Amanda) might enjoy blood tests...but I HATE THEM!!! I HATE NEEDLES!!! BAH! It's like this deep seeded fear of needles. They're HORRIBLE. So anyway, I ended up freaking out for about an hour following that, then I decided to play squash.

Bad idea.

Obviously the latter part of today is just not my day. Karma has come around to bite me in the ass. I knew I should've given money to those Red Cross collection people. I was happily playing squash, round robin style, with the family until I somehow managed to roll my ankle whilst going for that damn small ball. So now I'm sitting here with an ankle swelled up to the size of a rather large apple venting. So much pain. Damn genetics. My dad and brother both have weak ankles too. Just before netball season as well. BAH

So now I have to go to a blood test...LIMPING. Which of course means I can't run from the nurse as fast. As well as that, The OC was apparently pre-empted tonight for the Presidential Address. Whatever. Way to kick a person when they're down. So I plan to wallow.

Thinking back, today was a setup. TPTB brought me all up high on a good mood, luring me into their trap with promises of rare cds, half price shoes and formal dresses then WHABAM. Blood tests, sprained ankles and presidential speeches. So bah. What I need right now is chocolate, which I can't have because I have to fast. Bah. Bah, bah, bah.

I'm off to wallow and stare at chocolate, because that masochistic side of me wants to. It also wants me to squeeze my ankle but I'm more logical than that.

Signing Off
Chars

What I am to you is not real.
What I am to you, you do not need.
What I am to you is not what you mean to me.
You gave me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask for the sea.
- Volcano
- Damien Rice
- O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home